Tax credits/deductions checklist
Many Canadian taxpayers may have missed claiming one or more items of tax credit/deductions. You could be on of them. The unclaimed amount may sum to hundreds even thousands dollars. Tax experts at AdvTax collected these useful tax credits/deductions checklist for you and sincerely wish you can claim most of tax credits.
- The taxpayer who was ever on employment in the tax year(you are the real tax contributors)
- Parents with children(contributed the tax and many credits/deductions to claim)
- Amounts Transferred from Spouse or Common-Law Partner - Schedule 2
- Child tax credit - Schedule 1 line 367
- Child Care Expenses Deduction - T778
- Children's fitness amount - T1 GENERAL line 458
- Eligible educator school supply tax credit - T1 GENERAL line 468
- Tuition, education, and textbook amounts transferred from a child - Schedule 1 line 324
- Spouse or common-law partner amount - Schedule 1 line 303
- Seniors of age 65 or above(You contributed and could be still contributing tax, many benefits for you)
- Students(Enjoy the benefits and you are the future tax contributor)
- Home owner
- Home buyers' amount - Schedule 1 line 369
- Homes Renovation Tax Credit(ON and BC only) - Schedule 12
- Each line of above may have a corresponding counterpart from your tax province, also check form 479.
- There are probaby more! Please check your return carefully and claim all your tax credits and deductions.